Any chemical reaction that takes place in your body, cannot be done without water, and fat burning is one of those processes. You can live without food for 40 days, but if you go without water for more than three days, you will not stand it. Your body stops doing its job efficiently when you don't consume enough water. If the only liquids you drink are coffee, sodas or artificial fruit juices, you will dehydrate, and your body will slow down its metabolism. Which means that fat burning process will stop. To avoid dehydration you need to drink about 2 liters of water a day. It may be really difficult at the very beginning, but following these simple rules you will make drinking water as one of your best healthy habits.
Water in your pocket.
Keep a bottle of water in your bag, car or on your desk. This way you will not forget to drink and will always be able to refill the bottle when you need it.
First thing in the morning.
Make a rule to drink a glass of water right after waking up and have your breakfast in 20 minutes. Water will wake your body up and help it to replace any fluid lost when you were sleeping. During these 20 minutes you can get ready to work and get hungry. Enjoy your breakfast!
Drink water before each meal.
Those who drink water before eating a meal regularly consume fewer calories and see improved weight loss results.
Replace sweetened drinks with water.
Instead of drinking soda, alcoholic beverages, smoothies, or other high-calorie drinks, grab a glass or bottle of water. Every time you feel that you want your favorite coke, just drink usual water. It can spare you hundreds of calories per day.
Add some flavour to your water.
If you find yourself missing the sweeten drinks make your own. Add strawberries, lemon, lime, or orange slices to your water. In a few hours, the water will take on the fruit’s flavour, and you’ll get a delicious, low-calorie drink.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Look at this truly Hot SUMMER Drinks!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
What to do:
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring pair of times, until the sugar is dissolved; make it cool. In a pitcher, combine the syrup with the lemon juice and 2½ to 3 cups water. Serve over ice.
What you need:
- 4-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices, optional
What to do:
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to a pitcher; add lemon and orange juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the remaining water. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon if desired.
- 1 to 2 lime wedges
- 2 mint sprigs
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1/2 cup club soda, chilled
- Mint sprig and lime slice
What to do:
Squeeze lime wedge into a highball glass; drop lime into the glass. Add mint and confectioners' sugar; muddle. Add ice. Pour rum and club soda into glass; stir. Garnish as desired.
Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
- 2 cups lemonade
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
What to do:
Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process 15 seconds or until blended. Serve immediately.